Digital Backdrops Editing Service
This service is for the creation of Digital Backdrop composites in which you can submit your newborn image(s) and pre-select a backdrop from my store and I will create the composite for you.
Prices in the shop are not including the editing service, (they are for Photographers to use the files and edit themselves). If you are a parent, all you need to purchase is the editing service below, not the digital backdrop!
So, how is it works:
* Selected image and backdrop must be reviewed and confirmed to be suitable for editing by me, prior to payment and editing
After review and confirmation of image backdrop compatibility, no refund will be issued.
* Minimal editing will be done on the newborn image to make it compatible with the selected backdrop eg. light levels, skin tone, white balance etc.
* You can select the backdrop to be used or I can recommend suitable ones for your image.
* When sending images for review, it is recommended to send multiple files showing different angles. This allows me to select the most appropriate one for your backdrop.
* Images for review can be send via email- email@example.com
* Files for edit must be sent via email in high res, or a link through a cloud storage service eg. Dropbox, Google Drive, Jumbomail etc.
* Service is available for backdrops from The Garden Dream only (no third party backdrops).
* No need to purchase the backdrop separately and the editing fee is fixed.
* Due to the individual nature of the editing, price is per image (no discounts for bulk edits).
* After confirmation, please allow 48 hours to receive your images.
* Upon completion and delivery, copyright of the final image will be transferred to you with no restrictions on sharing to clients/ social media etc and you may use your own watermark.
When you have made your backdrop selection, send via email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which backdrop you want for the composite.
Recommended digital backdrops to select from:
The Poppets category, these are the easiest to shoot for, as these backdrops will only require a photo of your baby’s face.
The Basket category, you will need to create a similar pose using either a dark blanket or a white blanket under the baby, and use a light source from the left side of the baby’s face.
- We want the light source to be on the left, so that we have light on baby’s face from the top left of the face. Simply sit next to a window to your left, and find the right spot.
- Don’t shoot too high when there’s too much forehead, we want to see all of baby’s face.
- It’s important to have baby’s face straight, so if baby is too wiggly, feed and wait for sleep time, that would be the perfect time to snap a shot.
- Don’t shot up the nose, we don’t want to see baby’s nostrils and the angle is too low for editing.
- If all you can see is baby’s face on your phone screen, you’re too close! Lift the phone higher above the face, and get the shot with a little more space around. If the shot is too close, it can create a distortion in baby’s face, and won’t look very flattering. And we don’t want that, right?!
- A black fabric behind the head is ideal, but that’s just fine if you don’t have anything you can use.
- Enjoy… remember, you got the easy part, now sit back and relax, while I work my magic.