GDRP and Privacy Statement
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) contains new data protection requirements that will apply from 25 May 2018. These will harmonise data protection laws across the EU and replace existing national data protection rules. The introduction of clear, uniform data protection laws is intended to build legal certainty for businesses and enhance consumer trust in online services.
In order to comply with the GDRP and Australian Privacy Act (1988) The Garden Dream and Natalie Houlding Photography is happy to give full transparency with regards to what and how your data is collected, used and kept secure.
When and why we collect your personal information
- Personal information is collected by us through the following automated processes contained within our website
- When you subscribe through our subscription portal
- When contacting us through our contact page form
- When completing the checkout proces
What personal information is collected and used
- When you subscribe, your first name (as entered in the subscription field) and email address is collected and stored.
- When completing the checkout process your name and billing address is collected and stored on our website. No credit card information or Paypal information is stored on our site.
- NB: 3rd Party payment sites such as Paypal and Stripe (our payment portals) does collect personal information including names, metadata, credit card information, billing addresses as part of the transaction and payment process. They are the legal custodians for storage and usage of personal information stored on their websites and have separate privacy policies governing this.
How we use your personal information
- Subscription information is stored and used to enable us to send welcome messages (on initial subscription) as well as notification emails regarding new blog posts as well as information bulletins.
- Personal information sent to us by you when using contact forms is stored and used for correspondence and feedback purposes. WRT to feedback, correspondence is
- Billing information is stored on our site for record keeping, order processing and customer relations (transaction issues/ disputes etc)
How we keep your personal information secure
- Our website utilises an accredited SSL certificate ensuring that your personal information is kept secure
- We use a well known and trusted server ensuring that our website and all its information, including yours is kept safe
The Garden Dream and Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
How your personal information is not used
The Garden Dream has not and will not do the following with personal information collected by us:
- We will not sell or share your personal information stored on our site to a 3rd party
- We will not use your information for any other purpose than that needed to effectively run our store
If you have any concerns with regards to how we use your personal information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.